Can I be opened and honest with you guys and talk about how I have battled with my self-worth. For many years I was disgusted with the reflection I saw staring back at me in the mirror.
And no matter what I did, I couldn’t quite see my worth.
It wasn’t until I was introduced to journal prompts for self-love that my confidence grew tremendously.
Self-love journal prompts are a good way to grow your confidence not only physically but mentally as well.
Self-love journal prompts teaches you how to be gentle with yourself by monitoring the words you verbally speak over yourself.
If you have no idea where, to begin with, your self-love journey starts here with using these journal prompts.
Before I dive into giving you the journal prompts, I would like first to discuss what a self-love journal is.
A self-love journal is a collection of declarations, affirmations, and daily activities to help or improve the perception you have of yourself.
The journal prompts helps you to rid yourself of toxic negative beliefs that you have about yourself.
Many people who struggle with have with self-harm ( whether physical or verbal) partake in self-love journaling because it allows you to build or strengthen your self-esteem and self-worth.
If you were like me when I first started journaling, I had no idea what to place inside my journal. And honestly, this isn’t a concrete answer as many people place different sentimental things into their self-care/self-loving journal.
One of the things I would suggest placing in your journal is your heart. Place all of your insecurities, your fears into your journal.
Become as exposed as possible so that you eliminate any negative belief that you have about yourself.
The goal is to create a space for your true Godly self again. Which should be our goal, right?
When attempting to practice self-love, here are a few things to remember; the first would be to keep God first.
How ironic is it that I write about self-love, but I’m telling you to place God before yourself. Well, the reason is that without God, it’s impossible to love adequately.
Our love for ourselves is a mere glimpse of the love God has first shown us. We love because God first loved us.
And once we love God, God shows us how to practice loving ourselves and our neighbor. Begin by asking God to show you love through his lens and pray that you begin to love yourself the way God loves you.
It is impossible to love and practice self-love if we rid ourselves of the greatest love.
One of my favorite scriptures to meditate on is Psalm 139:17-18. Begin practicing self-love by asking God to flood your thoughts with his thoughts of you.
1. What areas in my life can You can practice self-love and patience?
2. What thought can You let go of that’s hindering you from loving yourself?
3. What would your family say is the most admirable thing about you?
4. What do you most love about myself?
5. Name a few things that bring forth happiness?
6. How can you renew your mind in the word of God to improve your self-confidence?
7. How can you operate more confidently in the skin you’re in?
8. What healthy habits would you like to add to your life for happiness?
9. What are some positive affirmations you would like to add to your life for self-love?
10. What are your weaknesses and strengths? And how can you improve your imperfections” with self-love?
11. Do you have a confidence role model? And why did you pick that person?
12. Congratulate yourself for accomplishing __________
13. How can you communicate clearly to others that you need support and help with learning to love yourself?
14. What goals would you like to accomplish this year?
15. What does your self-care routine consist of in 2020?
16. How much time can you devote to God to help you learn how to love yourself?
17. What you the most grateful for in your life?
18. Write a letter to your younger self.
19. What are some facial & bodily features you love?
20. What does the Bible say about self-love?
21. How can you embrace who you’re currently?
22. How can you beautify what you consider to be a flaw?
23. Create a vision board of the life you would like to have concerning self-confidence?
Bonus: What is your definition of self-love?
Read More: 32 Journal Prompts For Personal Growth